BFrench Consulting, GmbH is a Germany-based Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), providing Professional Management and Health Care Consulting Solutions to Government Service Organizations.
Full time employee (8 hours per day)
Ramstein AB, Germany
Posted: Dec 2017
Medical Coder I
Including, but not limited to
- Verifies or assigns codes for the diagnosis, evaluation and management, admissions, surgeries, procedures, materials, medications, supplies, or any other codes required for the completeness and accuracy of professional and institutional (facility) components of Outpatient encounters in the medical record
- Verifies the component parts of medical record to ensure completeness and accuracy of diagnosis, operations, and special diagnostic or therapeutic procedures that must conform to industry standards, including the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines, and MHS Coding Guidelines
- Codes the principal diagnosis, co-morbidities, complications, therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, supplies, materials, injections, and drugs using knowledge of accepted coding practices, guidelines and conventions (ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS)
- Inputs codes into applicable MHS coding systems, including, but not limited to: CCE, CHCS (ADM), Essentris, MHS Genesis, and AHLTA
- Develops and submits a written (electronic or hard copy) query IAW AFMS guidelines to the provider to request clarification of provider documentation
- Supports AFMS coding compliance by researching and interpreting existing guidance
- Performs focused audits of specific MTFs, medical specialties, clinics, coders, or providers when directed and IAW AFMS audit procedures
- Performs administrative related tasks associated with medical records final reviews/audits
- System Edit Error Corrections
- Classification of Diseases (ICD-CM, HCPCS, CPT, PPS, APCs, RBRVS);
A minimum of one (1) year of performance in two (2) or more medical or surgical specialties within the past eight (8) years;
OR three (3) years’ outpatient coding experience within the last 6 years in a military coding environment
- Experience in utilizing medical computer software programs, such as electronic health records, to abstract, analyze, and/or evaluate clinical documentation and enter/edit diagnosis and procedure codes
- A minimum of one of the following is required:
- An associate’s degree in Health Information Management; or
- A university certificate in medical coding; or
- At least 30 semester hours’ university/college credit that includes relevant coursework such as anatomy/physiology, medical terminology, health information management, and/or pharmacology.
- Successful completion of an AAPC or AHIMA coding certification preparation course for professional services or facility coding that includes medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, health information management concepts, and pharmacology.
Education in section must be from an accredited educational institution recognized by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and/or American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
? Medical Coder I coders are required to possess one of the
following professional services coding certifications:
- Professional Services Coding: Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT); Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA); Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA); Certified Professional Coder (CPC); Certified Outpatient Coder (COC), Certified Coding Specialist
- -Physician (CCS-P)
? Able to read, write and speak English well enough to communicate effectively with patients, staff, and other personnel
Any interested persons in this position should submit resume, cover letter, and any applicable proof of certification highlighting the above qualifications to Ms. Anna Hug, Business Manager via E-Mail to email@example.com
Posted in: Jobs
Find out how close you are to this item!